Reputable Personal Injury Attorney in Murrells Inlet Focuses on Results
Close, personalized service and determined litigation to resolve your case
The injury can come in a flash: a car crash, a dog attack or a sudden slip on a staircase. But your recovery will be long and painful, and you may never be able to put the injury fully behind you. If you’ve sustained a serious injury, it’s important to know your rights. If another party was responsible, you may be able to recover full compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. Since 1991, the Law Offices of David L. Hood has fought for injured parties throughout South Carolina. We have a solid reputation for client service, strong advocacy and consistently positive results.
Murrells Inlet lawyer manages a variety of personal injury cases
When you need to hire an attorney, one characteristic to look for is experience with cases similar to yours. In more than 25 years of personal injury practice, we have successfully resolved a multitude of cases related to these areas:
- Car accidents — According to the South Carolina Department of Public Safety (SCDPS), one person is injured in a motor vehicle accident every 8.5 minutes and one person is killed every 8.6 hours. We work to ensure that injured motorists, passengers, pedestrians, motorcycle riders and bicyclists receive the full compensation they deserve.
- Boating accidents — Since our practice is located along the South Carolina shoreline, we often represent victims of boating accidents who suffer serious injuries due to negligent operation.
- Truck accidents — In 2016, the SCDPS reported that semi-trailers were implicated in 814 injury collisions that claimed 53 lives. We represent victims of truck accidents throughout the state.
- Industrial accidents — In most workplace accidents, the victim must rely on workers compensation as an exclusive remedy. However, if a third party with whom the victim does not have an employer-employee or coworker relationship is responsible, the injured worker can file a negligence lawsuit to recover personal injury damages.
- Dog bites — In South Carolina, dog owners are strictly liable for bites and the consequences of other attacks, unless a victim provoked the attack or was trespassing.
- Medical malpractice — We fight to hold negligent healthcare providers accountable for injuries to patients.
- Premises liability — A landlord generally has a duty to make grounds reasonably safe for visitors. If a customer at a business is struck by falling merchandise or suffers a slip and fall, the owner can be liable for damages.
We accept injury cases on a contingency basis, so we never charge attorney fees upfront. You only pay us after you’ve recovered compensation through a settlement or court verdict.
Damages available for personal injuries in South Carolina
The legal term for compensation is “damages,” which fall into two main categories:
- Economic damages — You can claim your medical bills related to your injury, now and in the future, as compensable losses. If you’ve missed work due to the injury, you can recover your lost earnings and benefits. If your injury will prevent you from earning a living in the future, you can claim lost future earnings.
- Noneconomic damages — These are less tangible losses, such as your physical pain and mental suffering, disfigurement, loss of quality of life, and loss of enjoyment of life. It is very difficult to put a dollar amount on such losses, which is why it’s important to get reliable advice from an experienced attorney.
As your legal representative, we have a duty to seek the maximum amount of compensation possible under the facts of your case. You can trust us to be tenacious in the pursuit of justice.
Contact a reputable personal injury attorney in Murrells Inlet, SC
The Law Offices of David L. Hood provides highly responsive counsel and determined advocacy for clients in personal injury cases. To schedule a free consultation, call us at 843-485-0011 or contact our Murrells Inlet office online. If your injuries prevent you from coming to our office, we can come to you.